This training features a panel of Society staff discussing the Society’s position on medical marijuana, the changing landscape of medical marijuana legislation and how volunteers should represent the Society with their peers and group members.
This opportunity, offered at no charge, is open to all Society self-help group leaders, peer support and MSFriends volunteers.
· Understand the evolution of the Society’s position regarding medical marijuana
· Know when and how to use the Society statements
· Understand how the Society is advocating for the best interests of people affected by MS
· Understand how this will affect volunteers and groups
This one hour call will be offered once on the following date:
· Wednesday, July 9, 2014 from 1-2 pm ET (12-1 pm CT, 11 am-12pm MDT, 10-11am PT)
The call will be recorded for those who miss it or would like to listen again. The recording and associated handout will also be available for download on the self-help group leaders’ resource page on the Society’s website (http://www.nationalMSsociety.org/connectionprogramvolunteers).
Call participants will be invited to ask questions during the call. Participants will also be provided instructions on how to submit questions after the call, whether they listen to it live or the recording.
Please contact the Information Resource Center at 1-800-344-4867 to register. There is no registration deadline.
Training-related handouts, to include the call-in number, will be provided prior to the call. They will be sent via email or mail to those volunteers who register for the call.